BreatheEasy Georgia Homes is a coalition that is dedicated to promoting smokefree living in the homes of Georgia residents. The coalition is made up of stakeholders, organizations, and public health agencies that work together to reduce secondhand smoke exposure in multi-unit housing in Georgia.
BreatheEasy Georgia Homes strives to educate property managers, property owners, management companies and residents on the dangers of secondhand smoke exposure and the need for smoke-free policies to reduce secondhand smoke exposure. The coalition has the knowledge, skills, expertise, and resources to support communities to create smoke-free environments that promote equity across the different population groups in Georgia. Smoke-free air is critical to promoting the health of Georgia residents and reducing health disparities.
Goals of BreatheEasy Georgia at Home
- Provide smoke-free recognition for apartment communities that adopt smoke-free policies
- Educate Georgia residents about the dangers of secondhand smoke exposure
- Provide property owners, property managers and residents with resources on smoke-free policy implementation such as sample policy language, resident surveys, lease addendums, implementation plans and enforcement plans
- Educate residents on the benefits of smoke-free policies
- Provide cessation resources to promote quitting
BreatheEasy Georgia Can Help Provide
- Free resources to adopt and implement smoke-free properties
- Technical assistance to property owners, property managers and management companies
- Materials for education sessions with residents
- Smoke-free recognition
Want to know more?
For more information, please contact us.